Well, there’s no doubt about it, Covid 19 has been the scariest virus to date causing panic, sadness and anxiety for everyone. At the time of writing we are still in lockdown but the rules are being eased with a hopeful view for the future. The one thing that has been getting us all through lockdown is spending time with our loved ones again, which means we are gearing up for an albeit different but busy period ahead at our holiday home that sleeps 12.
But with worries of spreading the virus still so prevalent, we felt it important to reassure you of how we are protecting you from Covid 19 contamination at this holiday home in Cornwall. Bringing our knowledge of 40 years as an NHS nurse, we know a thing or two about hygiene and cleanliness, and at Edens Horizon we have always prided ourselves in presenting a spotlessly clean house to all guests.
Since 2010, we have loved inviting large groups of up to 12 to book their holiday in Cornwall with us at Edens Horizon. We of course thoroughly clean between each stay and keep everything beautiful and fresh for each party’s arrival. Now we have to step up, and so we are taking special care in the following ways.
We commit to:
- Allowing fresh air to circulate the house during cleaning by opening all windows and keeping the positive pressure ventilation going at other times so minimising the airborne particles in the house.
- Steam cleaning all upholstered furniture
- Removing the majority of scatter cushions and the ones that remain have removable washable covers
- Reducing the number of games and books available and cleaning the ones that remain between stays
- Washing all laundry at 60°C including all bed linen, blankets, throws and towels (even unused ones as guests may have touched them)
- Running the washing machine on empty once a week, either at a high temperature or with a chemical disinfectant to prevent the growth of germs.
- Using disposable cloths or kitchen paper where possible or machine-washed reusable clothes on a 60 degree wash
- Running all your dishes and utensils and through the dishwasher – not just the ones that the guest used as it’s likely they will have touched many of them
- Adding 72 hours between lettings is being advised for cleaning with hot soapy water followed by sanitation by applying disinfectant.
- Cleaning and disinfecting any surfaces that have been touched including
- General: Door handles, surfaces, floors, appliances, light/lamp switches, remote controls, tables, window sills and window handles, thermostats, keys, hairdryers, stair railings, ironing boards and irons, bins, plugs and cables, mirrors, furniture & chairs
- Kitchen: Sinks, worktops, cabinets & handles, fridge and freezer, condiment containers
Bathroom: sinks, toilets, flush handles, seats and lids, toilet brush, showers and bath, toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and soap dispensers)
- Bedroom: Hangers and luggage racks, bed frames, laundry basket
- Cleaning: Vacuum cleaners, cleaning supplies & equipment
- Kids’ items: Toys, high chairs, cots
In return we ask guests to:
- Use the brand new brushes cloths and sponges in the kitchen pack we will leave for you
- Use the array of cleaning and sanitising products we will leave for you including disposable gloves and wipes, disinfectants and cleaning supplies, hand soap and paper towels.
- Using antibacterial hand sanitiser by the front door so you can sanitise your hands as you enter and leave the house. (Please note: if there is another shortage of hand sanitiser is difficult to get hold of, we will ask you to bring your own)
- Use both washing machines whilst staying at the house
- Keep hygiene at the front of your minds (we will place ‘wash your hands’ signs around the house)
- If any guest in your group is suspicious that they have been in contact with Covid or developing symptoms we will ask you not to visit and will refer you back to their travel insurer.
I remain very hands on and will be doing the cleaning between guest stays. We are taking bookings but we are taking extra precautions and updating our cleaning procedures.
To check our availability, please do check our calendar for the whole house here (sleeps up to 12) or for the cottage annexe here (sleeps up to 4) or simply drop us an email at email@example.com where we’ll be happy to answer any queries or concerns you have about visiting.
We look forward to welcoming you to Edens Horizon,
Kate and team